Friday, February 4, 2011

Lake Side



It was in 2004 or 2005, I believe, I got exposed to this divine experience named ‘Lake Side’ for the first time. It is apparently a musical achievement of James Asher and Sivamani as they are creators of this magic. This is the third song on ‘A’ side of their album ‘Drums on Fire’. ‘DOF’ is a great album and a treat for ears that loves all kind of music around the globe. I believe that I was in home when I first heard this awesome music piece called ‘lake Side’. ‘Lake side’ is an excellent merge of best of Indian Classical Karnatic music and finest programming of western music instruments.

I automatically started making the visuals for the song when I first heard it. Fortunately, I had an opportunity to read many stories, especially Indian classical stories, in childhood. It really helped me to develop my highly stylistic and imaginative visualization. I bought ‘Drums on Fire’ just because it is a fusion music album by Sivamani and James Asher. I was not aware of the profile of James Asher at that point of time but Sivamani was known to me as he is the partner-drummer of Indian music genius A.R.Rahman. After ‘Drums on Fire’, I have done a research through which I found out the greatness of James Asher.

I always loved good fusion music and when I first heard ‘Lake Side’, it was bliss. It has the ancient music that enchants you with its blessed vibration. My subconscious started to visualize a beautiful lake with its water surface covered with white lotuses and when breeze touches them, they dance in ecstasy, in a rhythmic pattern. That was a beautiful visual, at least for me. On the shore of that lake, a very handsome man who has a face that presented no ego stands alone. He wears long white kurta and the song’s visuals come as his musings about his beloved or his love for his own composition and that music takes the form of a beautiful woman. It is an illusion- audience or the creator himself can’t decide on whether he sings about a woman he loves or his music takes a form of a beautiful woman.- The ragas he sings in ‘Lake Side’ becomes expression of her eyes, her movement, - It was a vision of unforgettable fragrance and I felt myself completed and contented on that day. I would elaborate the way I want to shoot it in another post because I want to dedicate an entire post for that, considering the elegance of its thoughts and visuals.

3 comments:

  1. you must have uploaded the album here

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Silver Dreams

    Brother, I don't have a license to do that. Otherwise i would have done that. Anyway, it is available on net. Just search for it in'four shared'. You will get it for sure, Hope u will have that enlightening experience i had , when listened to it. Thanks for spending time on my blog...

    ReplyDelete